[Re]Creating Your Career in Architecture and Beyond 1.0 AIA CEU
The biggest impediment to taking your next step in your career is often yourself. This session will inspire you to break down their own barriers.
Get out of your own way and find direction to take your next steps with Laura Weiss and the co-hosts of Practice Disrupted.
The biggest impediment to taking your next step in your career is often yourself. This session will inspire participants to break down their own barriers and push past confusion or doubt by learning how to prototype, or design, the next steps in their career.
- Understand prototyping processes related to career development
- Reframe the experience of the career journey.
- Engage in a career planning framework that can be used for achieving short-term and long-term goals.
- Discover new pathways to career opportunities.
- Foster self-discovery and curiosity around your career vision, mission, and values.
ABOUT LAURA WEISS, MBA, CPCC, ACC
Laura Weiss helps individuals and teams engage in productive and fulfilling conversations that drive successful design initiatives, bushiness decisions, and personal journeys.
A former licensed architect, Laura spent a decade with the global design firm IDEO as a Practice Director and Associate Partner. An expert in service design, she subsequently assumed leadership roles building innovation capabilities for a variety of enterprises in both the private and social sectors.
In addition to serving as a professional coach for emergent and executive design leaders, Laura is currently a Senior Innovation Adviser at award-winning consulting firm Slalom where she leads talent strategy initiatives and facilitates high-stakes executive engagements.